Android Certified Application Developer
This certification is critical for your Android programming career. It will improve your potential in the ever-growing Android market and move your development career forward.
Certified Android Application Developer (AND-401)
The explosive growth of Android applications lately has created a boom in demand for developers. Developers are there but how can employers assess their competencies? How can they really know who deserves the opportunity to take the responsibility of their applications?
StudyOnline.ie has exclusively partnered with Android Advanced Training Consultants (Android ATC) to provide courses and assessment exams to certify the competencies of current and prospective employees. No other training provider in Ireland is authorised to deliver these prestigious certifications.
These training courses have been developed and calibrated by a team of Android experts. The courses empower application developers and IT-oriented employees with the skills to build advanced Android applications.
What is Android ATC?
All your questions answered.
This is an online course that provides you with the required knowledge and skills to design and build a complete Android™ application. It delivers an extensive training on the main Android SDK components and its interactions. The course is updated to include topics compatible with all Android versions up to Android 7 (Nougat) and the source code updated to API 24. This course is mapped for AND-401 exam.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and build a complete Android application.
- Debug and maintain Android applications using different tools and plugins.
- Thoroughly understand the life-cycle of an Android application and its main components.
- Use external resources, manifest files, intents and adapters
- Understand and use all Android persistent storage techniques: Preferences, files, databases, and content providers.
- Use Android’s background processing techniques.
- Build location-aware applications using GPS as a location provider and Google Maps.
For more details please download the Android Application Development version 7 Nougat_Course Outline
To achieve the best learning experience and a quick start with this course, a trainee is required to have adequate knowledge of the content of this free course “Java Fundamentals for Android Development”. Previous knowledge and experience of any object-oriented programming language is considered sufficient. You must have a broadband connection capable of streaming HD videos and a computer capable of running Android Studio.
Lesson 1: Android Framework and Android Studio
Lesson 2: AndroidTM SDK Tools and Activity Class
Lesson 3: Fragments, Views, and List View
Lesson 4: Intents, Intent filters, and Deep Linking
Lesson 5: Android Layouts and Custom Views
Lesson 6: Android Resources, Themes, and Material Design
Lesson 7: Android UI Dialogs, Menus, and WebView
Lesson 8: Android Storage and Background Processing
Lesson 9: Android Storage: SQLite and Content Providers
Lesson 10: Android Notifications
Lesson 11: Location Aware Apps Using GPS and Other Providers
In order to become a certified android application developer, you must sit a computer-based exam. This exam can be taken at our test centres in Naas & Maynooth.
Exams Policies and Procedures:
The following conditions apply to all Android ATC exams:
- All Android ATC exams are closed-book exams.
- Each exam consists of 45 multiple-choice questions.
- Exam duration is 90 minutes.
- The passing grade is 70%.
- During each exam you can review your previous answers before ending the exam.
- The examinee will receive a score report with his/her result immediately after he/she finishes and submits the exam.
- Attending courses is not mandatory to sit for online official exams.
- If an examinee did not pass an Android ATC exam, he/she may retake it after 24 hours; however, the retake is not free, the same fee will need to be paid again.
- Trainees who have attended the Android ATC courses are expected to pass their corresponding exams easily.
- Exam questions cover theoretical and practical aspects of each course. Some questions might include code snippets to test the technical and programming skills. To see an exam sample for the Android Application Development, click here and familiarize yourself with the exam questions.
- The exam price for any Android ATC exam is 150 EUR.
- The validity of Android certificates does not depend on the date they were issued at i.e. they have no expiry date. However, since each exam you take is built for a specific Android version, therefore; the certificates are linked to that version, and that version will explicitly be shown on the certificates. Android version 7 will be added to all Android certificates issued after November 20, 2016.
As the only approved online provider of Android ATC Qualifications in Ireland we have tailored our delivery to suit your needs. We are in business more than 15 years and our lecturing team has decades of experience. In 2017 StudyOnline.ie was shortlisted at both the Education Awards and Irish Accountancy Awards for excellence in online education. Online learning is what we do best. Our unique approach to online education coupled with our supportive lecturers will get you certified quicker and better.
HD Studio Recorded Lectures + Lab Files
24/7 Access on Mobile, Tablet & PC
Online Lecturer Support
Textbook delivered to your door.
Includes exam voucher for Naas/Maynooth.