The Three Best Reasons To Be A Bookkeeper In Ireland Today
Business in Ireland is thriving. In the last week of May alone there were 417 new companies registered with the CRO. What is good for business is good for a Bookkeeper, Accountant and the Financial Expert. Key to reaping the rewards is a relevant professional qualification. So let’s have a look at the three best reasons to be a Professional Bookkeeper in Ireland today.
Kill the Commute
While many poor souls are enduring the slow crawl to the major cities every morning a bookkeeper can keep it local. Bookkeepers are in demand all over the country, from the cities to the smallest villages. The Carlow Nationalist, for example, had 4 suitable roles advertised in last week’s edition for local professionals:
- Part-time Bookkeeper with Tinteán
- Administrator with accounting skills with the County Carlow Chamber
- Accounts Assistant with Leo Dunne
- Bookkeeper for Veterinary Practice in Carlow Town
Focus on Family – Flexible Bookkeeper
Traditionally the Professional Bookkeepers work closely with the business owners. This relationship allows for great flexibility both for the numbers of hours to be worked and the timing of those hours. Many bookkeepers have achieved that elusive work/life balance through flexible part or full-time work.
Show me the money!
The Professional Bookkeeper can command rewards that befit their knowledge and experience. Looking through Bookkeeper roles on Jobs.ie you will see terms like ‘A competitive salary is on offer’ and ‘Negotiable’. Brightwaters most recent Salary Survey shows a range from €35,000 to €45,000. It is the bookkeeper’s market with very strong demand leading to a strong negotiating position.
1. Get qualified – Our Bookkeeping ICB Certification will sort that part for you in no time!
2. Demand your rate – Check popular sites for Bookkeeper salaries for example here.
3. Mould the role to suit your lifestyle – Start negotiations on flexibility of your role during the interview process, afterwards it might be too late!