PRINCE2 can be applied to any type of project within any industry or sector across the globe.
The method is widely recognised and understood and so provides the following to assist you deliver your projects successfully:
- a common vocabulary for all those involved in your projects, which helps effective communication.
- an explicit recognition of project responsibilities so that participants understand each other’s roles and needs.
- a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication
- effective governance to assist you with communications and responsibilities
- a focus on defining your scope which is the key constraint for your project feeding into your schedule and budget
- an emphasis on project viability throughout the project life to increase the likelihood of your project achieving its benefits for your organisation
- guidance on how to tailor your controls to ensure effective management of the project while avoiding overburdening the team and management with to much bureaucracy
According to Axelos the development of PRINCE2 was driven by the feedback from end-users, project management specialists and a review panel of 150 public and private sector organisations. This has resulted in a generic best practice method which is flexible enough to be tailored to the specific needs of different organisations for all projects, including Agile delivery.
PRINCE2 is compatible with all other project management certifications as it provides the technical structure of the framework for the project, which will complement the softer skills learnt on other qualifications.
AXELOS formally recognises Project Managers with relevant previous experience and specified certification from either PMI or IPMA and permits them to study for PRINCE2 Practitioner level without the need to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam first. Reference https://www.axelos.com/Corporate/media/Files/PRINCE-pre-recognition.pdf
Here at studyonline.ie we wish you the best with your journey on the path to becoming a certified Prince2 Project Manager and we are always here to help you pass the exam, and assist you applying Prince2 to deliver your projects successfully.